With love brings pain. I would like to look at the opposite side of love, when things go wrong. The break up, the aftermath.
After looking at colours and what they can represent in love, I have found there are many negative things:
Green - envy
Blue - cold and calm.
Reasons why people may break up
- Desire to be independent.
- Getting attracted to another person.
- Physical incompatibility.
- Less attracted to the person in a sexual way.
- Lack of proper body maintenance, like becoming too fat.
- Conflict in tastes and desires.
- Continuous nagging.
- Comparing the man or woman to others constantly
- Imparting unsolicited advice all the time
- Addiction to alcohol or drugs
- Deterioration in the health of one spouse or suffering from incurable ailments like HIV
- Physical and mental abuse and exhibiting sadistic tendencies
- Ignoring or showing disrespect to friends and relatives of one spouse Impotency or inability to bear children.
Love is a very emotional thing, so obviously breaking up with a loved one for whatever reason will be very emotionally draining. Break ups are notoriously bad, some people can react irrationally because of the mix of emotions going on.
Glamour magazine ran a competition for readers to send in their shocking break up stories. There is something about people which attracts them to other peoples losses. People want to hear interesting stories and hearing a bad story about someone else helps with one's own self esteem. It helps people to see their life 'isn't that bad' and that people are worse off them them.
Another reason to never date a guy that smokes!
He made me a practical joke!
He married someone else—before he broke up with me!
1 in 4 women have been subject to domestic violence. Many people suffer in silence, however there are campaigns out there to help persuade women to speak out.
This campaign uses celebrities faces to create more of a shock tactic and attract more attention. The celebrities are shown beaten and bruised due to domestic violence. The images are shocking and may help those suffering in silence to realise that what is happening to them is really bad and that they can speak out.
Statistics help people to understand better to reality of what is being said. Saying every four women falls victim to domestic violence speaks directly to the audience. Who ever is reading this advertisement most likely will be around 4 or more women. And to look at these people as a group at least one of those women has or will be domestically abused.
Dark and realistic images bring the story back home and to life.